blueberries again

I know I've been posting sporadically lately but, you know...summer. So I thought I'd highlight these Healthy Orange Blueberry Muffins I made yesterday. I'd promised my brother I'd make him some blueberry muffins from scratch the next time he visited but I've also noticed he's getting more food conscious, so these muffins were just the type I needed.

First, I cut the recipe in half. And I wrote out all the measurements, too, so I couldn't mess that up. Except I did forget the salt...but I didn't notice anything out of place in the final product. I used about half a pint of blueberries (now I need to go find some options for the other half) and all of a small navel orange. I also opted to substitute honey for the sugar, so the resulting flavor had notes of all three--meaning sweet/orangey/berry. The crumble is optional--I think it would be fine without it--but I went ahead and did it to make sure everybody ate the muffins.

These are going on the "make again" list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...