just stuffed enough

(I realize I've been out all week. Wrist flare-up. NBD.)

What would you do if you had two perfectly round peppers unused for a recipe? Surely you wouldn't toss them. Perhaps you'd want to stuff them? That's what I was thinking when I found this recipe for Bulgur-Stuffed Summer Vegetables. I was actually looking to replace my mislaid Lemon Orzo recipe but this was right on the front page. Lucky me. I had the peppers and I'm still trying to use up my bulgur, so why not? We were already planning on grilling porkchops so the oven was free. I halved the recipe, so I cut out one zucchini and the tomatoes entirely.

It had been a while since I last used bulgur, so I'd forgotten how it really cooks up. I actually had too much stuffing when I was through. And I was really surprised at how the vegetables didn't stick to my baking dish. Next time, as usual, more seasoning (I always under-season out of fear of overseasoning) and more cheese was also requested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...