banana parameters

(Banana-rameters?) My mission, should I choose to accept it (I did): bake a cake on short notice with a cake mix, preferably Bundt and/or pound. I found three options from my recipe box and it was decided: I would make this Banana Pudding Cake. Bonus! No icing required. I picked up a Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix because it was the cheapest, not realizing that a) It's called "Super Moist" because it already has pudding in the mix and b) it's not the size called for in the recipe. But does 18.25 even exist? Is that an old size? You know how products these days keep getting ounces shaved off and they think no one'll notice. I notice.

So anyway, I ended up with a super-Super Moist cake, what with the extra pudding and the mashed banana. But, surprisingly, it held together. I didn't have a runny batter or a mushy finished product. And everyone seemed to enjoy it. I could've used a recipe with more banana, though. We'll see if that ends up being my birthday cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...