review: *new* Nature Valley Protein Oatmeal --cranberry apple crunch

Now this is oatmeal in a tub. Or cup, if you prefer. I think tub's cuter.

Anyway...I wasn't planning on ever trying another one of these oatmeal tubs after my disappointing experience with Special K Nourish but I had a coupon plus I love the Protein Granola (seriously, one of my favorite new products this year) and I just happened to be in Target yesterday, where I knew I could find it. The coupon was for two; luckily both flavors were appealing.

This morning I had the Cranberry Apple Crunch. Upon ripping off the lid (all the way--oops) I saw the amount of oatmeal, which looked reasonable, and really big pieces of dried apple. Nice. All I had to do was add boiling water--the preferred method--stir, and cover. After the three minutes were up it was still a little thick for me but adding more boiling water helped. The oats look like they could be rolled oats (the label doesn't specify); they're definitely not the typical ground-up instant oats.

Finally, flavor: strongly cinnamon with bites of sweet apple. The cranberries don't come through as much but that wasn't a big deal. It didn't even really need the granola but I understand why it's there. In fact, my one negative about this product is there's no pull tab on the granola portion. I had to cut it open with a knife to get it started. But that's such a minor thing. This is a fantastic product. I hope it's successful so they can expand the flavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...