review: *new*(-ish) Jif cereal

Or, A Lesson in Reading Labels.

So, I've had this cereal stashed away for a few weeks (with hot cereal season upon us it's taking up more of my mornings) and last week I finally noticed a warning on the box: contains pecan, walnut and almond ingredients. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I'll try to put it in the nicest terms possible again: all nuts--except almonds!--upset my stomach. So now I'm concerned, because I really want to try this cereal (and not waste my money).

I decided this morning to pour just enough to cover the bottom of the bowl and mix with other cereals--that would be enough to review, anyway. And...it's not as peanut butter-flavored as I would've liked. Which was really disappointing, considering it's Jif cereal. Now maybe it has more natural flavoring than the other peanut butter cereals I like, but it still wasn't enough for me.

Oh, and later, when I'm brushing my teeth, here comes the tummy discomfort. So it's a good thing I read the label, because it could've been a lot worse. Hopefully my brother will take the box off my hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...