a different banana breakfast

Breakfast sandwiches aren't something I normally eat; I think of them as fast food/on the run/emergency breakfast. And I've never made them at home, either. But when I saw these Grilled Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey on English Muffins I thought to myself, well, that's not even a McOption.

The main takeaway I got from this recipe is that it's messy. Buttery, peanut butter-sticky, honey-sticky. Honey-slick bananas sliding all over the place. If you have kids, they will have a field day with this meal. Flipping them in the pan was also tricky. I used Thomas' Whole Grain English muffins and one half has less surface area than the other. Of course I probably tried to stuff too many bananas on one but it was half a banana and I was determined to eat it.

That being said, it was delicious. Totally worth it. I didn't even bother to use my fork-of-occasional-table-manners. I did get peanut butter all over the magazine pages I was trying to dog-ear, though. One more note: I always stick my bananas in the fridge once they ripen because I like cold slices in my cereal but for the purposes of this recipe, room temperature bananas work best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...