occasional granola review: *new* Bear Naked -- Sea Salt Caramel Apple

This was another instance of "I didn't intend to buy it but it was on sale." And it was time for another granola. Sometimes these things just work out.

So when I opened the bag I smelled the apple first and then tasted a granola cluster--it was a little salty-caramel-ish. Then I started to pour and was immediately concerned by the sound of the dried apples clinking like glass. After that I realized there were little caramel bits in the there, too. I should've read the back of the bag first; it's all back there.

What I really want to note here are issues of texture: the apples were surprisingly crispy and not chewy, like the apples in the new Honey Bunches of Oats. That must the new way to treat apples these days. I have to admit I'm not crazy about the caramel bits. While they do have a nice salty bite, they're a little too crunchy for me. I feel like if I don't bite down just right I'm going to break a tooth. It's probably just me, though, with my texture issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...