don't fear the whole wheat

Guess what I just did? I froze green beans. Our neighbors gave us a big bag from their garden, and aside from the ones we're going to eat tonight, I couldn't bear to toss them out. So we'll see how non-store-bought green beans taste.


But the point of this entry is pancakes. Who doesn't love pancakes? Even my mother--who claimed she didn't--has discovered a love for buttermilk pancakes. I've had this recipe for Whole-Grain Buttermilk Pancakes for a while now; it was just a matter of slotting them into the right weekend. Also the flavor. I'm on an apple kick right now (I believe it goes apple--pumpkin--cranberry--gingerbread) so I made the Apple Cinnamon variation. These pancakes are so light and fluffy you don't even realize they're made with whole wheat. There's so much going on with the grated apple and the cinnamon--I didn't have a flavorless bite.


They were also pretty easy to make. I didn't ever need to re-spray the skillet. Now my recipe says 'Serves 6' and the link above says 'Serves 7' but the way my family eats, it's more like 4. For the holidays I'd have to make two batches. Or maybe two different flavors.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...