nuts to you

Or nuts to me, really. I don't typically put nuts in my baked goods--mostly because I can't, ahem, handle them but also because I don't like the crunch in soft foods. But I can tolerate almonds and I frequently use Bob's Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour so naturally I was going to make this Cranberry Orange Almond Bread (found on the back of the bag) at some point. That point was two weekends ago.

This bread is a lot more on the cake side than your typical muffin-ish quick bread. The sugar gives it crispy coating which also leads to crumbles. I guess it's almost like pound cake. I'm just now realizing that. Also, there's a lot of dried cranberries. You have to really like dried cranberries to eat this many at one time.

And I'm sure you're wondering: yes, I liked the nuts. Toasted almonds might actually be better than regular almonds. So if you're looking for a breakfast bread where every bite is just about equal bread, fruit and nuts, give this one a try.

**Oh, and one more note: I borrowed from Sally's orange glazed cranberry bread and used half brown and half white sugar. Was it a noticeable difference in taste? I can't really say that it was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...