review: *new* Quaker SuperGrains -- apple cinnamon

It's still cold over here, although this could be the last week. So these are still prime oatmeal mornings. I had to try SuperGrains while I was still in the mood. What exactly are the grains in this meal? Oats, barley, rye, quinoa and flax. The only one I wasn't sure about was the rye. I've never acquired a taste for rye bread. But, really, this just tastes like a chewier, heartier oatmeal. I think I noticed the flax seed and bigger pieces of oat than regular instant oatmeal. All these grains make it plenty filling, too.

I also liked the big slivers of dried apple and the stronger cinnamon flavor (you know I love my cinnamon). Basically it's the grown up version of the apple cinnamon instant oatmeal you used to eat as a kid. And that was my least favorite flavor. When we had the variety pack I would always give my brother the apple cinnamon packets. This is much much better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...