review: *new* Nature Valley Baked Oat Bites

I've walked past the boxes plenty of times in the cereal aisle before I finally had an opening for them and I noticed how they kind of looked like Cracklin' Oat Bran. You know, thick square cereal, hole in the middle? So upon opening the box my initial thought was confirmed. It basically looks like Cracklin' Oat Bran but lighter and with a drizzle. And maybe smaller. I've never actually had Cracklin' Oat Bran but I watched my grandmother eat some a few years ago; they might have been even thicker and bigger. I just know it took her a while to eat but that might have denture-related.

Anyway, this cereal. Baked Oat Bites. It's hard to explain the texture. It's not crispy; it's not hard as a rock. It reminds me of those Girl Scout oatmeal cookies. Same texture and flavor (minus the raisins). Or to keep it in the cereal family, a really compressed Mini-Wheat. And they totally fell apart in milk, which was really weird. I didn't mind it but just a heads up for you. I'm still wrapping my brain around these. I like them enough to eat them but to buy again? I'll get back to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...