a near miss

So my mother requested mini-tarts (tartlets?) for Easter and I tried to oblige. Unfortunately the best recipes all called for lemon curd, which I love but she does not. So I thought mini pies would be a good compromise: everyone likes pie and it wouldn't be as much work as a full-sized pie. I chose these Muffin Tin Fruit Pies mostly because I could use refrigerated pie crust and I could cut the recipe in half. I didn't really need twelve pies. I made the apple filling but was a little short because half of one my apples didn't look so hot once I cut it open. (Note to self: always keep an extra apple on hand.) I think if they had been overloaded with filling they might have gotten more of a "wow" response. I liked them, though. The size and shape lends itself perfectly to a scoop of ice cream on top. And anything made in a muffin tin is adorable. This is why cupcakes exist. Speaking of which...I still need to try my hand at homemade cupcakes. Maybe Mother's Day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...