cinnamon rolls!


Cinnamon rolls have been on my "to-try" list for years and aside from a Fleischman's Bread Mix recipe--still not quite the real thing--I haven't wanted to make the time commitment. What with the rising and kneading and rising again plus the bake time--it just didn't seem feasible. Until I found this recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls (of course it's from Sally's Baking Addiction). I could do all the prep Saturday and have the slow cooker do the rest Sunday morning. So that's what I did.

Ok, more details. I was skeptical of baking in my Crock Pot; I know plenty of baking recipes exist--I even have some others--but how does it actually work? It just seems like it shouldn't. But after two hours on HIGH the sides and bottom were golden brown. I did follow the suggestion of transferring to the oven to brown the tops; this way I was also able to reheat these Amazing Muffin Cups at the same time.

I was really proud of myself for all my firsts: first time warming milk, first time proofing yeast in warm milk (I used the suggested Red Star platinum yeast which got super foamy); first time working with this kind of dough. I've kneaded biscuit dough and rolled pie crust which definitely helped with this. The roll dough was very sticky and elastic and I didn't quite get it to the full rectangular size. But I was still able to cut ten rolls even though they weren't of a uniform size.

We killed these rolls, by the way. Two days. My sister was home so that's how that happened.

Needless to say, I will be making these again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...