because waffles

For my family waffles have become a special-occasion food: birthdays, Mother's/Father's Day, and of course, Xmas morning. But why can't we have waffles on any random Sunday? So we did. And not just any waffles. Banana Bread Waffles. I love foods that combine two other foods--especially two breakfast foods. And these waffles...let's start with the visual (I know, I know, pictures would help here). I was so taken with the color and I have no idea why; they just struck me as the most beautiful toasty brown. You know how most waffles are 'golden?' These were a few steps down from that. I don't know if it was the bananas or the almondmilk but...they were almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

Taste is almost beside the point but you can't sit and look at waffles all day. You shouldn't, anyway. Of course they tasted like banana bread, and I had a few chunks of banana that could've been a bit more mashed but nobody noticed. Or if they did, nobody complained. Really, I can't find any fault with these waffles--unless you like crispy waffles, which isn't going to happen when you add bananas to a batter.


******
In other news, guess what I found today? Strawberry Cheerios. I know, what? I'll have to skip ahead and blog that next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...