a non-oatmeal cookie

I'll bet you were thinking I didn't make anything other than oatmeal cookies anymore...well, how about a cookie with raisins? These Soft Molasses Raisin Cookies from King Arthur Flour satisfied my desire for raisins and molasses. I know that sounds obvious but at the time I was going through my cookie recipes I didn't know what I had a taste for--anything but chocolate (I'm getting to that next month).

You know what your typical molasses/ginger cookie looks and tastes like, right? Kind of chewy, not quite a ginger snap? Well, this is not that. Imagine a chocolate chip cookie. Now add molasses. Okay, now remove the chocolate chips and replace them with raisins. That's this cookie. They're so soft and pillowy. It may not seem right but your taste buds will set you straight. Try it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...