recipe rundown -- July

For the items I don't feel warrant their own entry:

1. Pineapple Iced Tea. I wanted a drink for a crowd for the 4th, and this one made just enough for the pineapple imbibers. I didn't use all of the juice because I needed to save some of the pineapple chunks in something, so it didn't have as much flavor as it could have. But my brother appreciated that it wasn't overly sweet.

2. Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad. Two requirements: I needed a lot to feed that same crowd, and I wanted pickles in it, since my grandma uses pickles in hers. And, boy, did I get a lot of macaroni salad. It took three days to finish.

3. Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken. For a change of pace from all the grilled sausage and beef the day before. The marinade leaves behind a hint of lime, and the chili powder and cumin give you a little spice.

4. Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad. For when you have leftover fingerling potatoes and don't know what to do with them. The lemon-thyme dressing is superb.


******
I know you're wondering about the new cereals. I'm stockpiling now; hopefully I'll time to blog one on Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...