review: *new* Life -- vanilla multigrain

Remember how I memorialized Honey Graham Life in the very first year of this blog? It had already been gone a few years but it was still my favorite cereal of all time. Luckily Maple Brown Sugar Life came along and was a more than satisfactory replacement. I always looked forward to buying a box roughly once a year (I eat a lot of different cereals, that's how long it usually takes to come around again). But now it seems this flavor has run its course and a new Life has been introduced -- Vanilla.

So which vanilla was it going to be? Vanilla frosting? Vanilla ice cream? There's an artificial vanilla your tongue is primed for after so many years of eating cereals and what-have-you. Finally I settled on "vanilla bean/Life cereal." You know how Life has always had that weird burnt oat aftertaste? That's the main reason I didn't like it as a kid. Nothing else I can think of tastes like that. And even though the box clearly states that it's "multigrain"--oat/corn/wheat/rice, in case you were wondering--it still has that unique Life flavor. And the hard sugar crystals. Oh, and I guess that explains why it's a little bit lighter than regular Life.

Final analysis: it's okay. Maybe if they'd attempted an ancient grains Life I'd be more impressed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...