every smoothie I had this summer, 2017 edition

Since this was a surprisingly popular entry last year, I thought I'd do it again. A great way to wrap up summer, even though summer doesn't seem to be done wrapping us up. 😵

  • Mixed Berries and Banana Smoothie. I honestly don't remember this one. I would've had this back in May when it first stared warming up.
  • Mango Pineapple Smoothie with Wheat Germ. For when you buy a jar of wheat germ for one recipe and don't know what to do with the rest of it.
  • Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. I really should have taken notes on all of these. But anyway, there's a lot of good smoothie recipes at Gimme Some Oven.
  • Mixed Berry Smoothie. I can't find it on the website but it's on the back of the unsweetened vanilla (shelf-stable) Almond Breeze.
  • Strawberry-Pineapple Smoothie. Same as above, except it's the original unsweetened Almond Breeze. I used a lot of pineapple this summer.
  • Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie. I love dessert-inspired smoothies, and smoothies with oats blended in. Also I'm going to stop typing "smoothies." You know what this entry's about.
  • Berry Oat. Again with the oats!
  • Skinny Pineapple. For some reason this one started sweet but ended bland. I guess it needed a bit more whirr.
  • Orange Banana. I cut this recipe in half to serve one but still, do NOT put all that marmalade in there. If you love marmalade and want to keep on loving marmalade, start with a tablespoon and work your way up.
  • Tropical. This one was way too tart for me. A little lime juice goes a long way.
  • 3-ingredient Coconut Tropical. This was the first time I had coconutmilk yogurt. It was kind of weird and gelatinous but it tasted good. Also I just couldn't shell out the $10 for a bag of tropical fruit at Target; luckily, I already had bags of all those fruits (and frozen banana!) in my freezer.
  • Last but not least, PB&J Smoothie. This was soooo good. I actually had this last week because, as I said above, temps have gone up again. I may have to have one more smoothie next week.
Thanks for reading! Go drink your breakfast! 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...