review: *limited edition* Life -- Gingerbread Spice

Is Quaker living its best gingerbread spice Life? Well...not exactly.

The first time I opened the box for a quick taste I gave it the sniff test and got nothing but cardboard so I figured I'd give it another chance when it came time for the full review. Second chance: still no gingerbread scent. That should have given me a hint as to the flavor.

If you love gingerbread/ginger cookies (count me as one of those people) then you will be disappointed. I wanted to be eating a rich ginger-molasses breakfast in a bowl but all I got was subtlety. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a subtle flavor--in this instance, ginger--but the box was misleading. Actually, if they just marketed this as ginger/spice Life I'd buy it all year long. It's good enough to not limit it to holiday sales. It's just not gingerbread.

*******
In other Quaker news, I need to issue a teensy apology. I may have been a little harsh when reviewing their Overnight Oats (to be fair, it was just so runny). But a few weeks ago I had occasion to try it with almondmilk and the resulting combination was significantly thicker. So, yeah, while I prefer to make my own I would buy this again in a pinch and be sure to use almondmilk. 👌

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...