split a can of pumpkin

Okay, so I haven't totally given up on pumpkin-related foods. And last week I suddenly had an urge to bake. I started with this Pumpkin Banana Bread. I like pumpkin bread, I like banana bread, so why not? I did have a few chunks of banana that I didn't quite mash all the way but maybe I like my banana bread chunky😛. And of course I gave some away; otherwise I wouldn't have made that particular recipe.

Now what to do with the rest of the can? Oh, right, I printed off this recipe for Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. You know Sally knows her cookies. What I didn't know was that you could blot your pumpkin to get the moisture out to avoid cake-y cookies. You know how after a few days they get kind of gummy? Well, not these. They are chewy, they are oat-y, they are pumpkin-y. I also subbed white chocolate chips because that's all I had and I was super-busy last week. So, obviously, no pictures. (Sad trombone.) But the holidays will be here before you know it, and I'll be baking again.



*********
Coming up: two new cereals...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...