really good food

I know I should be getting back to the cereal reviews but this was right on my tongue and I wanted to share it: Autumn Sweet Potato and Mushroom Soup. I mean literally, I just ate the leftovers for lunch. A while back I made a Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup and while I loved it, not everybody *cough*mom*cough* likes the texture of quinoa. So I when I came across this soup I jumped at the chance to try it--yes, even with the blended mushrooms. It sounds weird, but it works.

Imagine savory mashed sweet potatoes. Now add vegetable stock and reheat. That's basically it, and it's delicious. I won't lie, it's work to dice those potatoes and later transfer everything to the blender (someday I will get an immersion blender) but it's worth it. 😋

*********
Also one of my least favorite tasks? Grating carrots. Also totally worth it? These muffins:

They're called Oatmeal Muffins with Blueberries, so just don't tell anyone about the carrots. 😉 They're also super-filling, like eating a healthy little oat cake. Mmm fiber. And do take the time to toss your berries (yes, even frozen ones) with a little flour so they don't all sink to the bottom. Maybe you'll also unintentionally end up with an almost perfectly placed middle-of-the-muffin berry. 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...