thanks for the cake

Wow, has it really been two weeks? I guess the holiday season busy-ness has already started. I've been writing blog entries; I just haven't had a chance to post them. So let's start with my birthday cake.

Actually, let's go back a second. It all started in early October when I found this year's Thanksgiving apple pie (separate entry to follow😋). I thought it only made sense to serve a pumpkin cake alongside. As you may know, sometimes my birthday falls close to Thanksgiving. And in those years, leftover birthday cake is one of my dessert contributions 😁. So I was all set to make a pumpkin cake until I read the October issue of Better Homes and Gardens and found this Double Apple Bundt Cake. (Actually, it's mini-Bundt cakes in the magazine, but I wanted a whole cake.) Looking back, I've made several cakes in the apple/pear family, and maybe I should try something else...?

But it was worth it, as usual. You can't go wrong with a Dorie Greenspan recipe. No picture yet, as my phone died last week, but I will be sure to get a shot of the chunk I froze when I thaw it next weekend. Probably. I just ate the last stale piece from last week for breakfast this morning. #notashamed 😛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...