breakfast bites

...because I do eat non-cereal breakfast foods. Here's a couple I thought I'd share:
1. Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread. I made this for my grandmother because she loves chocolate and soft, sweet treats but she doesn't really need an entire loaf of banana bread. So I kept some to sample. And you know I'm not a big chocolate-eater so a swirl is just enough for me.

2. Breakfast Quesadilla with Spinach and Black Beans. You know, sometimes you want eggs for breakfast. And sometimes you have leftover tortillas and black beans from dinner. But also sometimes you've already had spinach twice that week. So I threw in some leftover mushrooms instead. Absolutely make the guacamole with this one. It might not be quite the flavor you're used to but it adds an extra dimension to the quesadilla.

3. Finally, Breakfast Braid with Eggs, Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach, and Feta. A few years ago I printed out a recipe for a sweet breakfast braid (basically a Danish) but I never made it because I couldn't figure out how to braid the dough. It's actually not as hard as I was trying to make it seem. Just follow the pictures on this one. I cut my strips thinner and braided them tighter but it pretty much looked the same. (If I can ever get my pictures posted, you'll see this one eventually.)


*******
Next: Hopefully some cereals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...