review: *limited edition* Peach Cheerios

Is there anything they won't try with Cheerios now? Maybe marshmallows.

As I usually do (if I can remember 😜) sniff test first: faintly of peaches. Next for the visual: it's the bigger round O's this time, with the slick sheen, like old school Banana Nut Cheerios. But these O's aren't some grain blend; it's straight oats--the better to hold in that peachy flavor? Two minor quibbles: 1) I actually wanted more peach flavor, but perhaps to do that would've required the addition of artificial flavoring, in which case, no; and 2) I couldn't quite get a handle on the peach flavor. It tasted more like canned peaches than a fresh peach, or even a ground-up freeze-dried peach (is that a thing?). So I guess it wasn't exactly the Peach Cheerios I was looking for.

You know what might've helped? The dried peach bits from Special K Berries and Peaches. That would've taken it over the top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...