snow foolin'

Yeah, so this April weather is a joke...but you know this. And I'm sure you're tired of me bringing it up, so let's move on to Easter dessert.

If you've read my dessert entries, you know I don't like a lot of fuss. I like to follow simple, straightforward recipes and then encourage you to do the same. Of course, your definition of simple may differ from mine. My point is, this was the opposite of simple. This was a lot of work. The kind of work I'm only willing to put in for special occasions.

But, as usual, it was worth it: Carrot Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches. I have only recently come to the realization that ice cream sandwiches might be my favorite dessert. And the easiest way to make them is by slapping two store-bought cookies on some softened ice cream. But this? Not even cookies, which I failed to notice when I decided to make them. What you make is two thin sheets of carrot cake, cut to size later. So there's shredding carrots, blanching the carrots, making the batter, spreading it thin, baking it in shifts, and then making the ice cream sandwiches. 😅 Between that and my contribution to dinner I honestly forgot about putting out the Easter candy.

Did I mention, though, that it was totally worth it? I love a cake that tastes rich without actually being rich. And the vanilla coconutmilk ice cream tastes pretty much like the real thing. Have I mentioned that I'm a coconutmilk convert? Since December. The consistency is my favorite part.

And now that Lent is over I can go back to finding new recipes (and new cereals. But that was always the case).😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...