jam is my jam

...although fruit butter is good too. 😁

So last month I found myself with some leftover blueberries--too many to eat. I didn't want to bake anything else at the time. I could have just frozen them. But I thought, hey, is there a way I can make freezer jam?

I first made freezer jam last year and it seems I never blogged about it. That's too bad, because it was good. I want to say it was nectarine...? Anyway, so I thought I'd take other stab at it. I used this Easy Blueberry Freezer Jam recipe and it really was easy. Two things I was not aware of, though, until I read some other recipes much later, 1) do not cut the sugar. It may seem like a lot of sugar, but it's all needed for the Sure-Jell (or whatever you use); and 2) you really should leave your filled container(s) at room temperature for 24 hours. I only did it for two. Despite those two errors, my jam was still delicious. It's a nice, jammy-yet-spreadable consistency and very blueberry. Which is what you want, all that intense fruit goodness.


Oh, and I also wanted to mention Mast Store's Strawberry Butter. I did not know you could that to strawberries. 😋



*********
One last thing: I went to Target the other day thinking I could stock up on pumpkin cereals (not yet) and found Strawberry Life instead! (Review next week.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...