review: *updated* Honey Bunches of Oats -- with Almonds (plus bonus review!)

...with 25% more almonds, to be precise. This should be a re-review, but I never got around to trying the old Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. I did try the Whole Grain version a few years back, if you want to compare this review to something.

Anyway, you know the basic Honey Bunches of Oats drill: you've got your scrappy little corn flakes and wheat flakes, and crunchy clusters of honey-flavored oats. And with this one, of course, sliced almonds. When I poured my first serving I saw only two almonds so I figured, yep, bottom of the box again. But once I started eating, I tasted it: hey, there's an almond! And another almond! They are stealth almonds, apparently 😁. So while I can't say for sure that it's really, truly 25% more almonds, it is a decent amount of almonds 👍.



********
Bonus random breakfast product review: YQ by Yoplait

If you know my history (I've mentioned it a bit) then you know I'm lactose intolerant. And perhaps I've also said how I used to love Yoplait. I grew up on the strawberry and banana custard-style ('90s! 😛)  But about ten years ago I had to switch brands because Yoplait started upsetting my stomach.

Now I hear they have this new yogurt, YQ, that's ultra-filtered--and pricey, tbh, unless you're used to shelling out for specialty yogurts--and 99% lactose-free. So I figured I'd give it a try even though it's made with 2% milk (I'm really giving the percent key a workout today, aren't I?).

And...nothing. No ill effects. Finally a Yoplait yogurt I can eat again. And again. You should know, though, that it's super-thick, more so than Greek yogurt (like skyr, maybe? I still haven't tried that) and the fruit is blended in (if you're a separate-fruit/fruit-on-the-bottom kind of person). That doesn't bother me since I always add extra fruit to my yogurt anyway.

Hmm, I guess I could've written this up separately. Well, it's here now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...