occasional granola review: *new* Nature Valley Fruit & Nut Granola -- cranberry raisin almond

It's a new cereal year, so let's kick things off...with granola 😜. This is the only variety of this Fruit & Nut granola, which I thought was a bit odd. Usually there's at least two flavors. But okay, this is the only nut I can handle anyway. I open the bag and think, hey, clusters! I am never against clusters--unless it's that one that's so hard it's inedible. There's always one. What I like about these clusters is that they manage to have a crisp bite while maintaining that cluster-structure. Maybe it's the rice flour?

The taste is what surprised me. It was as if the granola cluster had been coated in raisin juice. Seriously, I didn't know "raisin" could be a strong flavor. That was weird. Not bad, just unexpected. And it didn't appear to me that there was a ridiculous amount of raisins in there; in fact, I'd say there's a nice ratio of dried fruit to oats. What I didn't pay much attention to was the almonds. Were they even there? I'm sure they were, I just forgot about them.

Also, check out the redesign of all the Nature Valley granolas. I think a lot of products are getting a refresh this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...