review: *new* Special K Protein -- Honey Almond Ancient Grains

This wasn't supposed to be the first new cereal I reviewed this year--and if I'd noticed the word "soy" on the front, I might not have even picked it up. But we'll get back to that.

First, it passed the smell test with flying colors. As soon as I opened the bag that honey aroma hit those brain receptors that tell you must eat NOW. So that was a plus. Then I bothered to read the ingredients. Soy protein isolate? Uh-oh. Remember my review of Special K Nourish, and how it had these little soy twigs that I was allergic to? This time around the soy is mixed in with all the other grains into the flakes--which makes for a thick, dense flake by the way--and I had no reaction whatsoever. So, yay, Special K, I can keep you.

The taste was kind of a letdown after the promise of the scent but I had only a small sample size the other day. I need at least one more tasting before forming a definitive opinion. So why not wait to write this blog entry? Because, that's why. 😛

Really, though, I prefer to write these as soon as possible so I can keep track of all these new products I'll be trying this winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...