buried in waffles

I interrupt what I was originally going to write about today to bring you...Gingerbread Waffles. I just had these about a hour ago. If you also want your house to smell like gingerbread, you need to make this recipe. Don't be alarmed by the amount of spices in the dry mixture; it all evens itself out once you add the wet ingredients.

I will say, though, if you're not feeding a lot of people, you might want to think about halving the recipe. I managed to get nine round waffles out of the batter (the recipe says four large squares) and six of those are going in the freezer. No, wait. I guess I made ten round waffles, because there's actually six--no, wait again. Clearly math is not my strong suit in the morning. Okay, I made nine waffles because there's five and a half in the fridge. There we go.

I shouldn't even need to mention that they really do taste like gingerbread. I assume the pumpkin is just filler. You can't taste it at all. This is a very thick batter, so you might not be able to eat as much as you think you can.

Enough of my prattling. Go make these waffles! The five-star rating doesn't lie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...