cookie notes

As much as I love Quaker's Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie recipe, sometimes you want something other than raisins, you know? So I came across these variations that build on the classic oatmeal cookies. This month I decided to try the toasted coconut and pineapple. First, I couldn't get my coconut to toast evenly (probably using the wrong apparatus) so I had to toss the burnt pieces and use what was left. Then I didn't chop up enough dried pineapple chunks so they probably didn't get spread out evenly in the cookie dough. Next time I'll use the whole bag.

But when I did get a cookie with all of flavors coming together just right, it totally worked. And no, my toasted coconut did not burn when put back in the oven in the cookies. I was worried about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...