you got oats in my chocolate chip cookies!

I'm always trying out different oatmeal cookie recipes, and while this is really a chocolate chip cookie with oats, it's still a keeper: Oatmeal-Flax Chocolate Chip cookies. I have to admit I chickened out and did not buy the ground flaxseed; I honestly didn't know what I was going to do with the rest of the bag. Next time I will do my research first--these cookies are worth it.

My cookies came out perfectly round and nearly flat, which was perfect for ice cream sandwiches (yeah, I made a couple). I also used the mini-size semisweet chips, just in case I didn't like them (also, I have other recipes for those chips--see, I was sort of prepared) but that wasn't even an issue. If you like a nice, chewy chocolate chip cookie, give these a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...