experiment #4: Total Cranberry Crunch

Success!

I've already lamented the loss of Total Cranberry Crunch and pondered recreating it. It's been at least two years since I've had a bowl of the real thing but I'm happy to report that my reconfigured version is just as good.

What you'll need: a box of plain Total, a box of Special K granola, and a bag of Craisins.

If I didn't know how to make my own raisin bran, I never would've thought of this. You'll note that there are no measurements involved, just add whatever amounts you would like to mix together. Start with a bowl of Total. Pour some granola into a baggie, zip it closed and crush it (I used a large metal spoon). Add as much granola (this is your 'crunch'!) as you want--I just covered the surface of the cereal. Then add Craisins. I was thinking two tablespoons like the raisins in my bran but, again, I didn't bother to measure.

The taste was nearly spot-on. I picked this particular granola for the mild flavor and the slightly slick texture which kept it from getting soggy and weird. Regular Craisins might taste even better in this but I already had the reduced-sugar ones.

This one's definitely a keeper. Unless they stop making Total entirely, but I don't see that happening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...