occasional granola review: *new* Simply Balanced -- vanilla bean granola

After the intense berry-ness of my last granola, I wanted something a little lighter. I'd already noticed that Target has this new line, Simply Balanced, and while I still haven't figured out if it's totally replacing Archer Farms, I do appreciate the attempt to go more organic and get rid of some of the processed junk (although you can only do so much; it is still a packaged food). Anyway, I decided to go with the vanilla bean for my first. A simple flavor; let's see what you've got.

The answer is...tricky. My first bite didn't taste much like anything, only the yogurt I had with this. The second bite, though, tasted like a Rice Krispies Treat. Sold! Even if the flavor goes in and out, you can't go wrong with "tastes like something else I shouldn't eat every day.' I guess this means I'll have to try the other flavors, too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...