perfect pound cake

Yes, I know, three days in a row, but I need to record these things for posterity. Today's entry: I think I've found my go-to pound cake. It all started when I misplaced May's issue of Cooking Light (I had a lot going on that month). Then, when I found it, I made a mental note to try the pound cake recipe sometime. One week later, I made the peach jam, which I believe mentioned pound cake as a serving option. Put two-and-two together: dessert time!

If you've ever made a traditional pound cake then you should know: you can't even tell the difference. Honestly. I noted the lighter consistency of the batter while stirring but the finished product is all pound cake. It's sweet, a little crunchy on the outside, and slid out of the Bundt pan perfectly. And it's to die for with the peach jam and a little whipped cream. I can't wait to try it again, either with the strawberry sauce or the marbled variation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...