get your peach on

Well, it's September 1st. The end of peach season is upon us. So I found this recipe for refrigerator peach jam and I simply had to try it. Mostly because it doesn't require canning. Canning is one of those things I don't really want to learn, sorry. But if I had a friend who did it, I would totally be over at their house, hey, you prep the jars, I'll bring the recipes! But anyway. A few notes: yes, add the vanilla (or bourbon), even though it's optional. It won't be over-flavored. Two, my peaches were probably sufficiently broken down in seven minutes; I let it go the full ten. If you don't really want big peach slices in your jam, now's the time to break them up a little; use whatever spoon you had for stirring. Oh, and the jam will thicken as it stands. Thanks, tapioca! 

This morning we tried out the jam on these baking powder biscuits from my mom's old (like twenty-five years-ish) Betty Crocker cookbook. They weren't bad, but we both agreed my buttermilk biscuit recipes are better.

Since the jam will keep, we'll probably save it for a pound cake topping for my dad's birthday next week. You know my dad loves carrot cake but I don't think he'll mind just this once. And I'll be sure to share that recipe, too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...