berry successful gift

(I warned you I can't stay away from the lame puns.)

I put Mother's Day meals off for a week so my sister could partake and it was a good thing I did because otherwise I don't know what we would've done with all the extra brioche. Why did I have brioche? To make Strawberry French Toast, of course. I had intended to make this recipe with regular unsliced white bread (that would've looked like the picture) but I couldn't find any, so I went with the brioche instead. Actually, you know what? It might have been challah. It was definitely a braided egg bread and perfect for French toast (and labeled that way--"egg bread for French toast").

At any rate, the shape made it a little tricky to cut pockets but I managed to stuff about four strawberry slices per half. And the egg and milk mixture was delicious with the (say it with me) cinnamon. I'm seriously thinking about making my regular French toast that way.

The most important thing was that my mom loved it, so it was worth the wait.

*******
Have you heard about the new Cheerios Protein? As soon as I see it in stores I will be buying both flavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...