yes to blueberries

So I mentioned recently that my dad and I both spoiled Father's Day breakfast by having pancakes the week before--today we made up for it. The Blueberry Blossom Pancake was worth the wait. They're thinner than the buttermilk pancakes I usually make but there's so much to the recipe that you don't really need a thicker pancake (and you don't have to worry about raw batter in the middle). First, don't skip the streusel. It is sweet, buttery and an important component. Second, don't skip the blueberry syrup, either. It doesn't take any real amount of time to toss some maple syrup and blueberries in a blender.

I will confess, though, that you almost don't need syrup. The pancakes practically melt in your mouth, and the blueberries provide their own juices. There's nothing like poking a hot berry and watching the juice run everywhere. But don't spear it so hard it bursts on your clothes. Ugh, blueberry stains.

Oh, and follow the directions for cooking exactly. It's so much easier to flip them when the bubbles have all popped; otherwise, thin pancakes can really run.

******
Okay, so I was looking for a entry to tack on this summer's new cereal wave. In addition to Cheerios Protein (which I promise not to mention again until I review it) Kellogg's also has two new cereals: Jif (a peanut butter cereal, duh) and Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes, which I picked up today (it was two dollars. I'll be a cereal guinea pig for two dollars). Once I have reasonable storage space I'll pick up the others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...