chicken 'n' stuff

I'm a big fan of Betty Crocker; I used to read various cookbooks for fun when I was a kid. Even though I didn't understand anything about cooking I'd still pick out dishes and put them together as meals. So I don't eschew Betty Crocker now in favor of more "upscale" recipe sources--if I see something I want to try, I'll do it. Such was the case with Mozzarella Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I'm always looking for new ways to cook chicken, and who doesn't like stuffing foods inside other foods?

It's pretty straightforward: butterfly the chicken breasts, spread with pesto, line with mozzarella, seal tight with toothpicks. I did not anticipate the finished product having mozzarella oozing out of both ends but it was visually appealing. The only thing you might want to consider is adding more flavor to the bread crumbs--Italian seasoning, maybe? Play with it, you'll figure it out.

*********
I did something new yesterday: I put blueberries in my cereal. They were left over from the pancakes on Sunday; I couldn't just leave them there. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I tried blueberries in oatmeal but couldn't handle the texture differences, so I went way in the opposite direction and added them to the crunchiest cereal I had--a mixture of brown sugar Oatmeal Squares and Apple Cinnamon Chex. That did the trick. It was surprisingly good. I'll have to remember that in the future; unlike strawberries, which I could eat with anything, I don't think I'd enjoy blueberries on soggy, limp flake cereals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...