spice is the spice of life

Along with variety, of course, as you can probably tell from all my cereal entries. But today I want to talk about muffins. Or write about muffins. Whatever. Now that I have cardamom in my spice collection I need to use it, right? So I started off with these Whole Wheat Banana Spice Muffins. Along with the cardamom there's also cinnamon and nutmeg--which is how I thought cardamom was usually used--and all three come through in the final product. Second most important is your bananas; mine could've been a day more ripe but they still baked well in the muffin. They didn't have that sort of sour taste you get when your bananas aren't ripe enough. And the whole wheat pastry flour (my favorite) makes them really filling. It's nice to sometimes not stick oats in everything and not feel like you're totally eating junk. I know that sounds crazy coming from me but it goes back to what I said in my first sentence: variety! I don't want oats in every single muffin I make.

Oh, and I didn't do the brown butter glaze. I didn't feel like I was missing anything to complete the muffin experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...