a tale of two mueslis--minus one

Since I knew I'd be getting up super early for an eight-hour car trip--both ways--I thought I'd be having breakfast in the car twice. So I saved my prepackaged muesli for Monday and made this Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal for last Friday. You may recall that I really liked this Raspberry Overnight Muesli back in June and I've been looking for more like that ever since. The problem is that most refrigerator oatmeals just add milk; I wasn't looking for something with that much liquid. The refrigerator oatmeals from The Yummy Life, however, call for a mixture of milk and yogurt as well as chia seeds for thickening (not to mention the nutritional benefits).

I made two changes to the recipe: 1. I substituted raspberries for blueberries since you know I can't deal with the texture of blueberries in oatmeal; and 2. I used almondmilk instead of regular milk because I didn't know how long I'd have to stash my container in the cooler before eating. I think the flavor of almondmilk really overshadowed the maple syrup--that was really the only problem I had with this. Also, my raspberries weren't the greatest; I could've used more than I had. But that's not dissuading me from trying it again, and now I have a whole bag of chia seeds to use in something(s).

Oh, and I didn't get to eat the other muesli; my sister strongly suggested we wait out the Detroit rush hour before leaving, so we hit the hotel breakfast bar and I hit up the oatmeal vaaaat. (You know I love that Quaker oatmeal vat.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...