hanging on to blueberry season...

(I apologize in advance for the paucity of posts this month. It's looking to get busy and I can't always make time for Blogger. The entries are written, though! I'm so far behind!)

I know this is more of a pumpkin/apple time of year but sometimes I need to switch it up. I found this recipe for Blueberry and White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies while looking for something else--no, I don't remember what, or if I ever found it--but it called for wheat germ and I just so happen to need to use up some wheat germ...so there you go. I also had just enough dark brown sugar and some white chocolate chips so I threw those in. The only ingredient I had to buy was the dried blueberries. I can't explain the satisfaction I get from using ingredients I have on hand. I know; it's weird.

I reluctantly left out the crystallized ginger because nobody loves ginger as much as I do but the ground ginger still pulls all the other elements together. It was nice to have a cookie with some oats that wasn't an actual oatmeal cookie, you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...