occasional granola review: Kellogg's Origins -- raisin apple

Skipping some entries (not that you would've known) to write this while it's still fresh. On my mind, I mean. Although the granola is still fresh, too. It's only been open a few days. Anyhoo, I finally got around to trying both Origins granola and cereal (probably the next entry) and the first thing that's obvious about the raisin apple flavor is the amount of raisins and dried apples. I know what you're thinking: Duh. But this is a good thing. Usually there's not enough of a promised fruit, or it's a fruit flavor instead of the dried bits you were expecting. But this is practically half fruit/half granola. Now maybe if I shook the bag up that wouldn't be the case but for now, thanks for all the fruit.

Second is the flavor. There's not supposed to be any artificial flavors or sweeteners so it might not be as sweet as you're expecting or would prefer. I think it could've used some cinnamon but then I think everything's better with cinnamon. On the other hand maybe that would shift the focus away from the fruit? I'm thinking about trying the other flavor, too, now that I know I like pumpkin seeds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...