pumpkinfest continued

(This morning I mixed Origins with Life. Deep.)

So it's still October and I'm still eating pumpkin stuff. Sometimes circumstances keep you from trying a recipe when you want. For example, I've held on to this recipe for Pumpkin French Toast for a little over a year. Then last weekend two things fell into place: (1) I made pumpkin oatmeal cookies for my siblings, which left half a can of pumpkin; and (2) Giant recently started selling brioche and I've been dying to try it. That made it pumpkin french toast time!

So brioche actually isn't all that different from challah. It's still a dense egg bread that holds up well to batter. The main difference is the more typical (albeit larger than average) loaf shape. And it's just as filling. One slice and a turkey sausage was all I could handle for breakfast.

With regard to flavor: spices, spices, spices. Don't let it scare you. Remember, canned pumpkin would taste like nothing without it and, along that line, you want all that cinnamon and pumpkin pie spiced goodness coating your whole piece of bread.

Have I pumpkin-ed everything for breakfast yet? Just about. Oh, wait. I still had enough pumpkin left to make granola! Next entry, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...