and now for my next granola...

Previously I mentioned this leftover canned pumpkin I needed to use up--some of it went to french toast and the rest to this Crunchy Pumpkin Spice Granola (what can I say, Sally's granola recipes are reliable). I was most excited to use pumpkin seeds in a recipe for the first time. I know that's a weird thing to get excited about but I didn't find out until last month that I actually liked pumpkin seeds. What I haven't been able to find--although to be fair I haven't really looked that hard--is unsweetened coconut, which I do want to try. So I added raisins along with the dried cranberries.

It may seem a little odd at first that this granola isn't totally crunchy (as per the recipe, the pumpkin will make it soften) but I got past that by the second bite. The flavor actually isn't that far off from the Trail Mix Granola--thanks to the maple syrup, probably--but still, you can taste the difference between homemade and store-bought. My sister agreed and asked for more (my brother won't be getting his; I'm still waiting to find out what happened). So I guess I'll be making another oatmeal cookie next weekend and freezing some 'til Thanksgiving. I promised my sister more granola anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...