what better way to spend National Pie Day...

...than buried under thirty inches of snow? That is not even an exaggeration. The original forecast called for maybe a foot but then the system came and sat over us all day yesterday. I don't need any more snow this winter.

I just happened to have decided last weekend to make a pie for National Pie Day, so not being able to leave the house worked out, didn't it? I chose this Peach and Blueberry Crumble Pie for two reasons: I didn't have to cut up any fruit and I really wanted a crumble topping. Plus this crumble topping had oats and almonds--two of my favorite things. Of course it would have been even easier if I had a food processor but I made it work.

I think it was just sweet enough although I may have lost some sugar in the blueberry juices. I don't know why I worried about draining all of it when the tapioca would solve my "wet pie" problem. Also of note: I used a pastry brush for the first time! I know that's a silly thing to get excited about but it's one of those tools you know you need but always forget to buy.

The only issue I had was not spreading the fruit evenly in the pie shell. The piece I had last night had only two peach slices in it. Sure, I'd eat a plain blueberry pie but that wasn't what I made, you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...