berry berry breakfasts

It occurred to me that I never mentioned what I did with the rest of my bag of cranberries from last month. I could have frozen them but if I'm being honest with myself this is only time of year I'm in the mood for cranberries. It helped that there was a recipe for Cranberry Nut Bread on the side of the Ocean Spray; the less thinking I had to do right after the holidays, the better. Also this bread was delicious and gone in three days (my brother hadn't left yet). Was it the orange juice balancing out the tart cranberries? I really don't know.

And that still didn't use up all the cranberries so I had to find this recipe for Fresh Cranberry Scones. As usual I'm working without a food processor so they turned out really, really "rustic." Not that anyone cares as long as they taste good. I think someone ate one for dessert last night. I still can't believe I waited so long to try making scones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...