gingerbread season

I think I'm in the midst of a ginger kick. First I made cookies (to be shared later), next week I'll be making granola, and this past weekend I made this Gingerbread Banana Oatmeal Bread. I was looking for a gingerbread I could eat for breakfast and then realized I also had a banana in the freezer, so I had to find a recipe that combined the two. It certainly didn't hurt that this one also called for oats--I don't know about you but I need all the fiber I can get this time of year. The oats also helped to make the batter really thick and the bread very dense. It's about as "bread-y" as a quick bread can get. Of course this means you don't need to eat as much in one sitting and can stretch it a little further...

I would've liked more of a ginger-y flavor, but like I said, I'm on a ginger kick right now. I thought the banana was stronger in this recipe. I also like to eat the browner (almost burnt) end pieces, and they tasted almost coffee-like. I think coffee drinkers would like this bread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...