the complete cookie tin

So my brother comes home, tries all the cookies, and then says, "I forgot I don't like ginger."

WHAT?

This family. smh.

Oh, well, more gingersnaps for me. Anyway, here's my three cookies:


First I made Maple-Oatmeal Cookies. I wanted to make an oatmeal cookie recipe that was totally different from anything I'd made before. This is very simple, no stir-ins, but it spreads very thin. I should've followed the directions with regards to measuring. They're very sweet and you don't need more than one.

Next came the Soft Gingersnap Cookies. It's the holiday season, I want gingerbread, I want ginger cookies, I basically want ginger everything. And I wanted a soft cookie. The only thing about these is that I could've used more ginger (or maybe molasses). The spices called for trick your taste buds/brain into thinking they're a soft pumpkin cookie instead.

Finally, it wouldn't be a cookie tin without something from Sally's Baking Addiction: Dark Chocolate Orange Slice & Bake Cookies. As you can see, my dough logs weren't perfectly round, but that didn't stop anyone from eating my misshapen cookies. Also, I didn't have enough chocolate so I could only dip one-quarter of each cookie instead of one half. But I was really excited about making these for two reasons: 1. The flavors reminded me of the Terry's Chocolate Orange phase I went through in college; and 2. This was unlike any cookie I've made before. I know I have other slice-and-bake recipes but for some reason I've never actually made any of them. I chilled the dough overnight, I dipped the cookies in melted chocolate, I put them in the fridge to set the chocolate--all new for me, and I was determined to get it right. As for flavor, of course chocolate and orange together are fantastic, but for some reason the finished cookie does not taste as orangey as the dough smelled as was making them. Weird. Still, totally worth the effort.


*******
I should have at least one cereal-related post before the year is out. Things have been crazy the last two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...