tossback Thursday

I didn't want to call it a throwback because we're only going as far as two Sundays ago--to our end-of-the-Thanksgiving holiday Sunday breakfast. I wanted to do something new, simple, and sweet, so I chose this Blueberry Stuffed French Toast. There's a lot of blueberry cream cheese stuffed French toast recipes on the Internet; I'm glad I wasn't aware of them last month. This was all I needed.

And did I mention it was easy? I have a frying pan large enough to handle all four sandwiches at once. That's what it is, essentially--a blueberry sandwich. First you cook down the frozen blueberries, which takes hardly any time at all, then you spoon some on four slices of bread, cover with four more slices, dip in the batter and fry. Seriously easy. And it looks pretty (and pretty appetizing) topped with the rest of the blueberries and a dusting of powdered sugar. Yeah, that would have been a good one to get a shot of for the blog. I'll try to do better with the cookies this month. I'm thinking maybe a shot of my completed cookie tin. I hope I'm not overextending myself--the unwrapped gifts are piling up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fun on a bun...